Origin of beauxFrench
A young woman and her beau.
The definition of beaux means boyfriends or frequent male companions.
A woman who has dated many men is an example of someone who has had a number of beaux.
- He became a member of the Institute (Academie des Beaux-Arts) in 1882.
- At Paris the cole Suprieure des Mines and the cole des Fonts et Chausses are controlled by the minister of public, works, the cole des Beaux-Arts, the cole des Arts Dcoratifs and the Conservatoire National de Musique et de Dclamation by the unr,ler-secretary for fine arts.
- The very fine torso of Athena in the Ecole des Beaux Arts at Paris, which has unfortunately lost its head, may perhaps best serve to help our imagination in reconstructing a Pheidian original.
- In 1746 he published his treatise Les Beaux-Arts adults a un meme Principe, an attempt to find a unity among the various theories of beauty and taste, and his views were widely accepted.
- In the Beaux-Arts, Batteux developed a theory which is derived from Locke through Voltaire's sceptical sensualism.