- simple past tense and past participle of baste
The tailer has just basted this jacket together.
- The definition of basted is meat which has been moistened during cooking.
An example of basted is a turkey on which juices, butter and drippings were poured while it was cooking.
- Basted is defined as to have temporarily sewn together two pieces of a garment while it was being made.
An example of basted is temporarily having stitched together the sleeves of a dress to hold them together, but then having returned to perfect them and add details later.
- In the burntofferings of male kine to Isis, the carcase of the steer, after evisceration, was filled with fine bread, honey, raisins, figs, frankincense, myrrh and other aromatics, and thus stuffed was roasted, being basted all the while by pouring over it large quantities of sweet oil, and then eaten with great festivity.
- He is roasted over a slow fire and basted with boiling oil, but tells his tormentors that by the grace of Jesus Christ he feels nothing.