- an owner of a bar where alcoholic drinks are sold
- a bartender
A bartender pouring a drink.
The definition of a barkeeper is a person who mixes and serves alcoholic drinks at an establishment that sells alcoholic drinks.
The manager of a tavern is an example of a barkeeper.
- A person who owns or operates a bar for the sale of alcoholic beverages.
- See bartender.
- She and the captain are trusted friends and it was he that invited her to serve aboard the Enterprise-D as barkeeper.
- There she took up her job as barkeeper and unofficial counselor to the crew.
- The other suit at the bar had not turned around and the painters and barkeeper were in their own world of batting averages and ERA's.