- a board that forms or supports the back of something
- Basketball a flat, rigid piece of material, often fiberglass and usually rectangular, to which the basket is attached
- a. A board forming or placed at the back of something: mounted the photos on a backboard.b. A board used to support an injured person's back, especially during transport.
- Basketball The elevated vertical board or surface from which the basket projects.
- (basketball) The flat vertical surface to which the basket is attached.
- (tennis) A flat vertical wall with the image of a tennis net drawn or painted on it. Designed to practice hitting against such that the ball bounces back.
- (medicine, first aid) A spine board.
backboard - Medical Definition
- A board placed under or behind something to provide firmness or support.
- A board placed beneath the body of a person with an injury to the neck or back, used especially in transporting the person in such a way as to avoid further injury.
- There are specialty drywall preparations and configurations that are available if you need them, including longer and wider sheets, and water resistant backboard that's usually sold as a smaller panel and used as a backing for tile.
- She pulled her knees to her chest and leaned against the backboard.