The definition of an anthropologist is a person who studies various elements of humans, including biology and culture, in order to understand human origin and the evolution of various beliefs and social customs.
An example of an anthropologist is Franz Boas.
a person who specializes in anthropology
- One who is versed in anthropology.
- MOUSTERIAN, the name given by the French anthropologist G.
- Matthews, "The Prayer of a Navajo Shaman," in American Anthropologist, i.; idem, "The Mountain Chant; a Navajo Ceremony," in Fifth Report of Bureau of American Ethnology; J.
- Hodge, C. Mendeleff and others in the American Anthropologist and Journal of American Ethnology.
- To many the interest of such stories will depend on their parallelism to the Biblical account in Genesis i.; the anthropologist, however, will be attracted by them in proportion as they illustrate the more primitive phases of human culture.
- Hewitt, American Anthropologist, N.S., iv.