A city of southeast Spain on the Mediterranean Sea south of Valencia. It is a port and tourist center.x
- a province of Spain
- the capital city of the Alicante province
From Spanish Alicante.
- CREVILLENTE, a town of eastern Spain, in the province of Alicante, and on the Murcia-Alicante railway.
- The opening of the railway enabled it to compete successfully with Alicante, and revived the mining and metallurgical industries, while considerable sums were expended on bringing the coast and land defences up to date, and adding new quays, docks and other harbour works.
- ORIHUELA, a town and episcopal see of eastern Spain, in the province of Alicante; 13 m.
- Spain, in the province of Alicante; on the right bank of the river Vinalopo, and on the railway from Madrid to Alicante.
- ELCHE, a town of eastern Spain, in the province of Alicante, on the river Vinalapo.