- An example of something aethereal is a glass vase.
- An example of something aethereal is a cherub.
- An example of something aethereal is a billowy silk robe.
The definition of aethereal is something that is fragile, or something that is light and airy, or something that is from heaven.
alt. sp. of ethereal
(comparative more aethereal, superlative most aethereal)
- Alternative spelling of ethereal.
- This quinta essentia had been speculated upon by the Greeks, some regarding it as immaterial or aethereal, andothers as material; and a school of philosophers termed alchemists arose who attempted the isolation of this essence.
- We recognize an atom only through its physical activities, as manifested in its interactions with other atoms at a distance from it; this field of physical activity would be identical with the surrounding field of aethereal motion or strain that is inseparably associated with the nucleus, and is carried on along with it as it moves.