Origin of aaHawaiian 'a'?
- trademark Alcoholics Anonymous
- Associate in (or of) Arts
Origin of aaHawaiian 'a'ā to burn, aa
lava flow near Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Bible Acts of the Apostles
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Associate in Arts
See Note at pahoehoe
The use of the abampere and related CGS units had largely been displaced by the MKS system by 1964 when the SI prefix atto- came into use. Thus a knowledge of when the quantity in question was written will usually be sufficient to determine which meaning of aA was intended.
- Alternative spelling of açai.
aa - Computer Definition
(1) (Auto Answer) See modem.
(2) (Double A) A common single-cell battery used in myriad devices from flashlights to electronic equipment of all variety. Like its triple A (AAA) cousin, it provides 1.5 volts of DC power. When used in series, the voltage is multiplied. For example, four AA batteries yield 6 volts.