- simple past tense and past participle of prop
The artist's canvas is propped on the easel.
Propped is held up or supported by something else.
An example of propped is an artist's canvas being held by an easel.
- Carmen closed the barn door and propped it shut with a board.
- Comfortable in the plush office chair, she propped her feet up on her desk and continued to sketch until the picture began to look as she wanted it to.
- His was the only form in one piece; he was propped up against the base of a tree.
- He flung himself down in the chair again and propped up his forehead with his hands.
- He propped her up, and she sagged against him, unable to keep from crying at the thought of one sworn to protect humanity nearly killing her!