- Present participle of bustle.
A bustling shopping mall.
- The definition of bustling is something full of noise, energy and activity.
A shopping mall at Christmas is an example of someplace that would be described as bustling.
- Bustling means moving about in an energetic matter or moving someone hurriedly in a particular direction.
- Running errands and hurrying about in a busy way is an example of bustling.
- Herding your kids quickly to the bus is an example of bustling them onto the bus.
- Brady stepped into the bustling world.
- Servants with lanterns were bustling about in the porch.
- She gave him a long look, imagining them Traveling to a bustling train station populated only by Others.
- The market is bustling on weekends, so if keeping your family or group together is a priority, it may be difficult here.
- "Oh, little countess!"... and the count began bustling to get out his pocketbook.