- Zeroed is defined as to set an instrument or scale to zero degrees.
An example of to have zeroed is to have changed a postal scale to read zero before you put the package on the scale.
This meter has been zeroed.
Variant of zero
noun pl. zeros or zeroes
- the symbol or numeral 0, representing the complete absence of any quantity or magnitude
- the point, marked 0, from which positive or negative quantities are reckoned on a graduated scale, as on a thermometer; specif.,
- on a centigrade thermometer, the freezing point of water
- on a Fahrenheit thermometer, a point 32° below the freezing point of water
- a temperature that causes a thermometer to register zero
- the point intermediate between positive and negative quantities
- the lowest point: his chances of success sank to zero
- Gunnery a sight setting for a range, allowing for both elevation and windage
Origin: French zéro ; from Italian zero ; from Arabic ṣifr, cipher
- of or at zero
- without measurable value
- Informal not any; no: a snack having zero cholesterol
- designating or of a ceiling that is at or near the ground, specif. one at a height of fifty feet or lower
- designating or of visibility along the ground regarded as within the limit of a few feet
- Linguis. designating a hypothetical inflectional form: the plural of deer is said to be formed by the addition of a zero allomorph of the plural morpheme