- An example of yah is when someone asks if you want to do something and you say OK even if you aren't very excited.
- An example of yah is how you answer the question about whether someone is late when you are mad.
Yah is defined as a way to express your dissatisfaction.
used to express derision, defiance, disgust, etc.
- (UK, India, South Africa) Yes.
- Yah, we did go along but it turned out the wedding was a load of nonsense.
An alternative pronunciation, akin to yeah.
- (UK, informal) An upper-class person, especially a Sloane Ranger.
From the pronunciation of “yes" which such people use.
- Alternative form of Jah.