- An example of yah is when someone asks if you want to do something and you say OK even if you aren't very excited.
- An example of yah is how you answer the question about whether someone is late when you are mad.
Yah is defined as a way to express your dissatisfaction.
used to express derision, defiance, disgust, etc.
- (UK, India, South Africa) Yes.
- Yah, we did go along but it turned out the wedding was a load of nonsense.
An alternative pronunciation, akin to yeah.
- (UK, informal) An upper-class person, especially a Sloane Ranger.
From the pronunciation of “yes" which such people use.
- Alternative form of Jah.
- "Yah [well] gives").
- Yah dude, I learned I'm totally crushing on the professor.
- Yo' shiyyahu, perhaps "Yah [well] supports"), in the Bible, the grandson of Manasseh, and king of Judah.
- For "Yah[weh] is [my] strength"), more correctly Azariah (Hebrew for "Yah[weh] helps"), son of Amaziah, grandson of Joash I., and king of Judah (2 Kings xiv.
- And places which they explain as compounds of Yahu or Yah.'