- prostitution or fornication
- Bible idolatry: Hos. 4:12
Origin of whoredomMiddle English hordom ; from Old Norse hordomr
- The practice of accepting payment in exchange for sexual relations; prostitution.
- a. Unlawful sexual relations.b. Promiscuous sex.
- Bible Unfaithfulness to God; idolatry.
Origin of whoredomMiddle English hordom, from Old Norse h&omacron;rd&omacron;mr; see ka- in Indo-European roots.
(usually uncountable, plural whoredoms)
From Middle English horedom, hordom, from Old Norse hÃ³rdÃ³mr, ultimately corresponding to whore +"Ž -dom. Cognate with Swedish hordom (“whoredom"), Middle Dutch hoerdom (“whoredom").