whichever[hwic̸h ev′ər, wic̸h-]
- The definition of whichever is any one of a group of choices, or any one that is selected.
An example of whichever used as an adjective is in the sentence, "She may go to whichever place she likes," which means that she may go to any place she wants.
- Whichever is defined as any one, or no matter which.
An example of whichever used as a pronoun is in the sentence, "She can pick whichever," which means she can pick any one from multiple options.
- any one (of two or more): he may choose whichever he likes
- no matter which one: whichever he chooses, he'll be satisfied
- any (of two or more): he may choose whichever desk he likes
- no matter which: whichever car she buys, she'll be in debt