- Wearily is defined as doing something in a tired way, or without any remaining patience or energy.
- An example of doing something wearily is taking your dog out for a walk first thing in the morning when you'd rather be sleeping.
- An example of doing something wearily is finishing a run when you're exhausted.
Variant of weary
- tired; worn out
- without further liking, patience, tolerance, zeal, etc.; bored: with of: weary of jokes
- tiring: weary work
- irksome; tedious; tiresome
Origin: Middle English weri ; from Old English werig, akin to Old High German wuorag, drunk ; from Indo-European base an unverified form wōr-, giddiness, faintness from source Classical Greek hōrakian, to be giddy
- wearily adverb