- to supply or arm with weapons; develop for warfare: to weaponize outer space
- to develop for use as a lethal agent in chemical or biological warfare: to weaponize nerve gas, the smallpox virus, etc.
verbweap·on·ized, weap·on·iz·ing, weap·on·iz·es
- To supply with weapons or deploy weapons in: weaponize outer space with lasers.
- a. To place or mount (an explosive or nuclear device, for example) on a missile or other delivery system.b. To equip (a missile or other delivery system) with an explosive or other weapon.
- To produce or refine (a substance or biological agent, for example) for use as a weapon.
To deploy missiles or other delivery systems equipped with weapons.
(third-person singular simple present weaponizes, present participle weaponizing, simple past and past participle weaponized)