(plural wash rooms)
- An unfurnished room within a building used for hand washing, bathing, laundry, dish washing, etc.
- A lavatory; a room designed and equipped for washing hands, normally fitted with basins or sinks, drains, and running water available from taps or faucets.
- A similarly equipped room in an institution, such as a hospital or school or manufactory, designated for washing hands, bathing, laundering, or a combination of such.
- A specially designed chamber in a laboratory or industrial plant designed for emergency bathing such as may be needed for human exposure to harmful chemicals and the like.
- (US, slang) A bathroom, lavatory, toilet, restroom, or powder room.