- a bird or person that warbles; singer; songster
- ☆ any of a large, New World passerine family (Parulidae) of small, insect-eating birds, many of which are brightly colored, as the yellow warbler, the prothonotary warbler, or the American redstart; wood warbler
- any of a large, mainly Old World, passerine family (Sylviidae) of small songbirds, including the whitethroats
See warbler in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Any of various small New World songbirds of the family Parulidae, many of which have brightly colored plumage or markings, as the redstart and the chat. Also called wood warbler.
- Any of various small, often brownish or grayish Old World songbirds of the family Silviidae, as the blackcap and the whitethroat.
- Music One that warbles; a singer.
Learn more about warbler