- Present participle of warble.
- A sound that warbles.
- the warblings of birds in the hedgerows
Variant of warble
transitive verbwarbled, warbling
- to sing (a song, notes, etc.) melodiously, with trills, quavers, runs, etc., as a bird does
- to express in song
Origin of warbleMiddle English werblen ; from Norman French werbler ; from Frankish an unverified form wirbilon, akin to German wirbeln, to whirl, warble
- to sing melodiously, with trills, etc.
- to make a musical sound; babble, as a stream does
- ☆ yodel
- the act of warbling
- a warbling sound; trill