- an eye, as of a horse, with a whitish iris or white, opaque cornea
- an eye that turns outward, showing more white than is normal
- divergent strabismus
- leukoma of the cornea
- a large, glossy eye
- any of several fishes with large, glossy eyes
- ⌂ a North American freshwater food and game perch (Stizostedion vitreum)
Origin of walleyeback-formation ; from walleyed, altered by folk etymology ; from Middle English wawil-eyed ; from Old Norse valdeygthr, altered ; from vagl eygr ; from vagl, a beam (from source Swedish vagel, sty) + eygr, having eyes, akin to eye
- pl. walleye or wall·eyes A freshwater food and game fish (Sander vitreus) of North America, having large silvery eyes and a greenish-yellow mottled body.
- a. See exotropia.b. An eye or eyes affected with exotropia.
- An eye with a light-colored iris or white or opaque cornea.
Origin of walleyeBack-formation from walleyed.
(plural walleyes or walleye)