- an official next in rank below a chancellor, as of a university, and authorized to act as the chancellor's deputy
- Law a judge serving as assistant to a chancellor
See vice-chancellor in American Heritage Dictionary 4
noun Abbr. VC
- A deputy or an assistant chancellor in a university.
- A deputy to or a substitute for a head of state or an official bearing the title chancellor.
- Law A judge in equity courts ranking below a chancellor.
- vice-chanˈcel·lor·shipˌ (vīs-chănˈsə-lər-shĭpˌ, -chănsˈlər-) noun
Learn more about vice-chancellor