- desiring or seeking vengeance; vindictive
- arising from a desire for vengeance: said of actions or behavior
- serving to inflict vengeance
Origin of vengefulobsolete venge, vengeance from venge, to avenge from Middle English vengen from Old French venger, vengier (see vengeance) + -ful
- Desiring vengeance; vindictive: epidemics seen as acts of a vengeful God.
- Characterized by or stemming from a desire for revenge: a vengeful attack by a spurned lover; vengeful anger.
- Serving to exact vengeance: a vengeful sword.
(comparative more vengeful, superlative most vengeful)
From venge +"Ž -ful.