vengeful definition by Webster's New World
- desiring or seeking vengeance; vindictive
- arising from a desire for vengeance: said of actions or behavior
- serving to inflict vengeance
Origin: obsolete venge, vengeance ; from venge, to avenge ; from Middle English vengen ; from Old French venger (see vengeance) plush -ful
vengeful definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Desiring vengeance; vindictive.
- Indicating or proceeding from a desire for revenge.
- Serving to exact vengeance.
- vengeˈful·ly adverb
- vengeˈful·ness noun