The definition of uncharted is unknown or not recorded on a map.
An example of something uncharted is a part of the ocean into which no one has ever successfully ventured.
- Not charted or recorded on a map or plan: uncharted waterways; the uncharted desert.
- Unknown: The nation's geopolitical strategy is yet uncharted.
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: Story and character development are playing an increasingly important role in determining what is a good video game to buy, and this philosophy is epitomized by titles like Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.
- This court case has long reaching implications for music fans that use the internet to share music and software developers who are creating software that has a number of applications, some of which enter legally uncharted territory.
- Homesteaders making their way along the uncharted frontier of western America modeled social opportunities after upper-class balls and cotillions from the East, and arranged church gatherings.
- Other shore excursions may include kayaking to an isolated region, Zodiac tours of relatively uncharted coastlines, snorkeling and diving expeditions, photography hikes, or historical tours.
- For many seniors, sites such as Senior Friend Finder are like what the American West was to early explorers: vast, uncharted, filled with opportunity and, potentially, dangerous.