- of or like an umbilicus, or navel, or an umbilical cord
- situated at or near the navel; central to the abdomen
- linked together by or as if by an umbilical cord
Origin of umbilicalMedieval Latin umbilicalis
- a flexible, detachable cable serving as a tether or supplying oxygen, electric power, etc. as to an astronaut or aquanaut
- any detachable cables, hoses, etc. connected to a rocket, etc. on its launch pad
- Of, relating to, or resembling a navel or an umbilical cord.
- Located near the central area of the abdomen.
An umbilical cord.
(comparative more umbilical, superlative most umbilical)
- Of, or relating to, the navel (umbilicus) or the umbilical cord.
From Latin umbilicus (“navel").