uh-huh[un hun′; for 2 un′un′]
- used to respond in the affirmative
- used to signify that one is listening attentively
Used to express agreement or an answer in the affirmative.
- Alternative spelling of uh-huh.
- "Uh-huh" can be used informally as an answer to a question.
- "Uh-huh" is often said while someone else is talking, in order to show that the listener is still interested or agrees with what the speaker is saying.
- "Uh-huh" can serve as an informal reply to thanks or an expression of gratitude.