- of Tuscany or its people, language, or culture
- designating or of a classical (Roman) order of architecture, distinguished by its smooth columns with a ringlike capital and no decoration
Origin of TuscanMiddle English ; from Classical Latin Tuscanus ; from Tuscus, an Etruscan
- a person born or living in Tuscany
- the variety of Italian spoken in Tuscany, accepted as standard literary Italian
- Of or relating to Tuscany, its people, or their language.
- Architecture Of or relating to the Tuscan order.
- A native or inhabitant of Tuscany.
- a. Any of the dialects of Italian spoken in Tuscany.b. The standard literary form of Italian.
Origin of TuscanMiddle English, from Latin Tuscanus, Etruscan, from Tuscus, an Etruscan.