- Biol. triple: said of a chromosome formed by three homologous chromosomes that lie close together or appear to join completely during meiosis
- having three valences
- having a valence of three
Origin of trivalenttri- + -valent
- Chemistry Having valence 3.
- Immunology a. Having three sites of attachment. Used of an antibody or antigen.b. Containing antigens from three strains of a microorganism or virus. Used of a vaccine or serum.
- tri·va′lence, tri·va′len·cy
- (inorganic chemistry) having a valence of 3
- (genetics) Any trivalent chromosome.
tri- +"Ž -valent