trimester[trī mes′tər, trī′mes′-]
trimester definition by Webster's New World
- a period or term of three months; specif., any of the three three-month periods of a human pregnancy
- in some colleges and universities, any of the three periods into which the academic year is divided
Origin: French trimestre ; from Classical Latin trimestris, of three months ; from tri-, three plush mensis, month: see moon
trimester definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A period or term of three months.
- One of three terms into which an academic year is divided in some universities and colleges.
Origin: French trimestre, from Latin trimēstris, trimēnstris, of three months : tri-, tri- + mēnsis, month; see mē-2 in Indo-European roots.
- tri·mesˈtral , tri·mesˈtri·al adjective
trimester - Medical Definition