Origin of triathlontri- + Classical Greek athlon: see athlete
The definition of a triathlon is a race where three different sporting events are done.
A race involving running, swimming and biking is an example of a triathlon.
An athletic contest in which participants compete without stopping in three successive events, usually long-distance swimming, bicycling, and running.
Origin of triathlontri- (dec)athlon
- There are more details about the IronKids National Triathlon Series, training, nutrition and more on the IronKids website.
- IronKids is a new, youth triathlon series for kids ages 6 - 15 which consists of eight races across the U.S. Our mission is to inspire and motivate kids through the sport to live an active, positive and healthy lifestyle.
- Everyone can use this same method to improve their running, whether it be shaving a few tenths of a second off of a sprint to going just one more mile on the way to the triathlon challenge.
- The more popular and practical way to go is shopping by activity, such as gym, cycling, golf, tennis, walking or running, yoga, triathlon, adventure travel or softball.
- The mandatory equipment needed to do a triathlon are goggles and a swim suit for the swim portion, a helmet, bike and running shoes for the bike and run portion.