traditionalism definition by Webster's New World
- adherence to tradition; sometimes, specif., excessive attachment to tradition
- the doctrine, condemned by the Roman Catholic Church in the 19th cent., that the only valid religious belief is that handed down by tradition from an original divine revelation
traditionalism definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Adherence to tradition, especially in cultural or religious practice.
- A system holding that all knowledge is derived from original divine revelation and is transmitted by tradition.
- tra·diˈtion·al·ist adjective & n.
- tra·diˌtion·al·isˈtic adjective