the part of a ship's side above the waterline
on, onto, or toward the deck or decks of a vessel that are exposed to the weather
- often topsides The surface of a ship's hull above the water line.
- The highest position of authority.
- On or to the upper parts of a ship; on deck.
- In a position of authority.
- The side or part of something that is at the top.
- (nautical) The surface of a ship's hull that is above the water line.
- (construction) The structure and assembly of modules above the jacket or gravity base sub structure.
- (construction) The structure and assembly of modules on the deck of any floating installation.
- (UK, Australia, New Zealand) The outer side of a round of beef.
- (nautical) Above decks, such as on the weather deck or bridge.