- to make theatrical; give a dramatic, sometimes overly dramatic, quality to
- to put into a theatrical setting
transitive verbthe·at·ri·cal·ized, the·at·ri·cal·iz·ing, the·at·ri·cal·iz·es
- To adapt to performance on the stage; dramatize: “All ethnic dance troupes theatricalize the dance of the folk” (Robert J. Pierce).
- To make a spectacle of; display showily.
(third-person singular simple present theatricalizes, present participle theatricalizing, simple past and past participle theatricalized)
- To render suitable for the theatre.