Variant of texture
- Archaic a woven fabric
- the character of a woven fabric as determined by the arrangement, size, quality, etc. of the fabric's threads: coarse texture, twilled texture
- the arrangement of the particles or constituent parts of any material, as wood, metal, etc., as it affects the appearance or feel of the surface; structure, composition, grain, etc.
- the tactile surface quality of a work of art, resulting from the artist's technique
- the melodic and harmonic relationships of musical materials
- basic structure: the texture of society
Origin: Middle English ; from Classical Latin textura ; from texere, to weave: see technic