- An example of Tagalog is a person born in Manila.
- An example of Tagalog is one of the languages of the Philippines.
Tagalog is defined as a dialect of a group of people who live in the Manila area of the Philippine Islands.
- pl. -·logs· or -·log· a member of the ethnic group that is indigenous to Manila and the surrounding region in the Philippines
- the Western Austronesian language of this ethnic group, an official language of the Republic of the Philippines
Origin of Tagalogfrom uncertain or unknown; perhaps
nounpl. Tagalog, or Ta·ga·logs
- A member of a people native to the Philippines and inhabiting Manila and its adjacent provinces.
- The Austronesian language of the Tagalog on which Filipino is based.
Origin of TagalogPerhaps Tagalog river people taga- native of ilog river
- A language spoken in the Philippines, in particular, Metro Manila and its surrounding provinces such as Bulacan, Laguna, Cavite, Batangas, Bataan, Rizal, Marinduque, Mindoro, and Quezon.
(plural Tagalog or Tagalogs)
- A member of the second largest Filipino ethnic group.
- Of or relating to the Tagalogs.
From Tagalog Tagalog, from taga- (“native of") + ilog (“river")