- Tagalog is defined as a dialect of a group of people who live in the Manila area of the Philippine Islands.
- An example of Tagalog is a person born in Manila.
- An example of Tagalog is one of the languages of the Philippines.
Tagalog definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Tagalog definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. Tagalog Tagalog or Ta·ga·logs
- A member of a people native to the Philippines and inhabiting Manila and its adjacent provinces.
- The Austronesian language of the Tagalog on which Filipino is based.
Origin: Perhaps Tagalog, river people : taga-, native of + ilog, river.
Variant of Tagalog