tactile[tak′təl; chiefly Brit, -tīl′]
- The definition of tactile is touchable or sensed by the touch.
An example of tactile is a book written in Braille.
- that can be perceived by the touch; tangible
- of, having, or related to the sense of touch
Origin of tactileFrench ; from Classical Latin tactilis ; from tangere, to touch: see tact
- Relating to, involving, or perceptible to the sense of touch: tactile sensations; tactile sensitivity.
- Characterized by or conveying an illusion of tangibility: tactile language.
Origin of tactileFrom Latin tāctilis, from tāctus, past participle of tangere, to touch; see tact.
(comparative more tactile, superlative most tactile)