Variant of syndicate
- a group or council of syndics
- an association of individuals or corporations formed to carry out some financial project requiring much capital
- any group organized to further some undertaking
- ☆ an informal association of criminals controlling a network of vice, gambling, etc.
- ☆ a group of newspapers, owned as a chain
- ☆ an organization that sells special articles or features for publication by many newspapers or periodicals
Origin: Fr syndicat from syndic, syndic
- to manage as or form into a syndicate
- to sell (an article, feature, etc.) through a syndicate for publication in many newspapers or periodicals
- to sell (a program, series, etc.) to a number of radio or TV stations
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.