- sloping downward in opposite directions so as to meet
- of, formed by, or forming a syncline
Origin of synclinal; from Classical Greek synklinein, to incline together ; from syn-, together + klinein, to lean
- Sloping downward from opposite directions to meet in a common point or line.
- Geology Relating to, formed by, or forming a syncline.
(comparative more synclinal, superlative most synclinal)
- (chemistry) Describing a torsion angle between 30° and 90°
- Inclined downward from opposite directions, so as to meet in a common point or line.
- (geology) Formed by strata dipping toward a common line or plane.
- a synclinal trough or valley; a synclinal fold
- (geology): anticlinal
- (geology) A synclinal fold.