- Syncing is the act of getting two elements into harmony.
- Transferring data between two or more devices so they will have the same files is an example of syncing.
- When you plug your iPod into your computer and move music over to the iPod so that it has the same music as on the computer, this is an example of syncing your iPod.
- Present participle of sync.
syncing - Computer Definition
(SYNChronizING) The process of copying files and folders from one device to one or more destination devices to ensure an exact copy. If the syncing between two devices is a routine operation, any files that have been deleted from the source device since the last sync are thus deleted from the destination device.
Variant of sync
in syncor in synch
- in synchronization (with)
- in harmony (with); compatible
out of syncor out of synch
- out of synchronization (with)
- discordant; incompatible