- in synchronization (with)
- in harmony (with); compatible
out of sync
- out of synchronization (with)
- discordant; incompatible
out of sync
or synch Informal
intr. & tr.v.synced, sync·ing, syncs, or synched synch·ing synchs
(1) (SYNChronization) Having the same data in two or more locations. To sync two computers means to set them to the same time of day or to copy the data from one computer to the other. See syncing.
(2) (SYNC) Cellphone and media player synchronization in Ford, Lincoln and Mercury automobiles starting in 2008. Powered by the Microsoft Windows Automotive platform, SYNC lets Bluetooth phones be controlled via the car's radio and steering wheel controls along with speaker-independent speech recognition and text-to-speech playback of text messages. It also provides conference calling, caller ID and other phone features. For music playback, SYNC includes a USB port for connecting iPods, Zunes and other music players and fully integrates the player by scanning its contents for titles. It also supports protected music files from subscription services. See CarPlay and Open Automotive Alliance.