- a person who sweeps
- a device for sweeping
- ⌂ carpet sweeper
- Soccer a defensive back who plays in front of the goalkeeper
- One that sweeps.
- A carpet sweeper.
- Sports A lone defender who plays between the last line of defenders and the goalie in some defensive configurations in soccer.
- One who sweeps floors or chimneys
- A detector (for mines)
- A small, tropical marine perciform fish of the family Pempheridae, typically with deeply keeled, compressed bodies and large eyes.
- (soccer) A defender who is the last line of defence before the goalkeeper
- (curling) A person who sweeps the ice ahead of the rock in play.
- (cricket) A batsman who plays sweep shots
- (cricket) A fielding position along the boundary; a fielder in this position
- A tree that has fallen over a river with branches extending into the water.