Origin of superordinatesuper- + (sub)ordinate
- Of higher rank, status, or value.
- Logic Of or being the relation of a broader category to a narrower category that it encompasses, such as metal in relation to iron.
Origin of superordinatesuper– + (sub)ordinate.
(comparative more superordinate, superlative most superordinate)
- Greater in degree, rank or position
- (logic) The relation of a universal proposition to a specific proposition of the same form with the universal quantified variable replaced by a specific instance.
- (linguistics, of a word or phrase) hypernymic
- That which is superordinate.
- (linguistics) A hypernym.
(third-person singular simple present superordinates, present participle superordinating, simple past and past participle superordinated)
- To cause to be superordinate.