- a subdivision of a group; subordinate group
- Chem. a vertical subdivision of a group in the periodic table of chemical elements
- Math. a group whose elements form a subset of another group
- A distinct group within a group; a subdivision of a group.
- A subordinate group.
- Mathematics A group that is a subset of a group.
transitive verbsub·grouped, sub·group·ing, sub·groups
(third-person singular simple present subgroups, present participle subgrouping, simple past and past participle subgrouped)
sub- +"Ž group