stretcher definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person or thing that stretches; specif.,
- a brace or tie used to extend or support a framework; crosspiece
- a brick or stone laid lengthwise in a wall
- any of several framelike devices used for stretching and shaping cloth, garments, curtains, etc.
- a light frame covered with canvas, etc. and used for carrying the sick, injured, or dead; litter
- any similar device, as a wheeled cot used in ambulances
stretcher definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A litter, usually of canvas stretched over a frame, used to transport the sick, wounded, or dead.
- One that stretches, such as the wooden framework on which canvas is stretched for an oil painting.
- A usually horizontal tie beam or brace serving to support or extend a framework.
- A brick or stone laid parallel to the face of a wall so that only its long side is showing.
stretcher - Medical Definition
A litter, usually of canvas stretched over a frame, used to transport the sick, wounded, or dead.