- a person or thing that stretches; specif.,
- a brace or tie used to extend or support a framework; crosspiece
- a brick or stone laid lengthwise in a wall
- any of several framelike devices used for stretching and shaping cloth, garments, curtains, etc.
- a light frame covered with canvas, etc. and used for carrying the sick, injured, or dead; litter
- any similar device, as a wheeled cot used in ambulances
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A litter, usually of canvas stretched over a frame, used to transport the sick, wounded, or dead.
- One that stretches, such as the wooden framework on which canvas is stretched for an oil painting.
- A usually horizontal tie beam or brace serving to support or extend a framework.
- A brick or stone laid parallel to the face of a wall so that only its long side is showing.
stretcher - Medical Definition