- plural form of strawberry
- The strawberries are nearly all gone.
- Pot strawberries for forcing next winter, and make new beds out of doors as soon as well-rooted runners can be obtained.
- Strawberries and cucumbers have been ripened in a forcing frame.
- The reciprocal adaptations of insects and flowers demand attentive observation on the part of the gardener concerned with the growing of grapes, cucumbers, melons and strawberries, or with the raising of new and improved varieties of plants.
- His special pride was the big garden where, it was said, he raised the finest watermelons and strawberries in the county; and to me he brought the first ripe grapes and the choicest berries.