- The definition of stealth is something that is secretive or designed specifically to avoid detection or notice.
An example of stealth is a fighter plane designed not to be noticed by radar.
- Stealth is defined as being secretive or cautious in movement and action.
An example of stealth is when you creep around a house cautiously so you will not be seen or noticed.
- secret, furtive, or artfully sly action or behavior
- Obs. theft
Origin of stealthMiddle English stelthe from base of stelen, to steal: see steal
- of or incorporating technology designed to prevent military aircraft, etc. from being detected by enemy radar
- calculated to achieve some aim by going undetected or by being disregarded
- The act of moving, proceeding, or acting in a covert way.
- The quality or characteristic of being furtive or covert.
- Obsolete The act of stealing.
- Not disclosing one's true ideology, affiliations, or positions: a stealth candidate.
- Having or providing the ability to prevent detection by radar: a stealth bomber; stealth technology.
Origin of stealthMiddle English stelth probably from Old English stǣlth
(countable and uncountable, plural stealths)