- Obs. a bookseller or publisher
- a person who sells office supplies, greeting cards, some books, etc.
Origin of stationerMiddle English stacionere from Medieval Latin stationarius, tradesman with a fixed station or shop (by contrast with a peddler) from L, stationary
- One that sells stationery.
- Archaic a. A publisher.b. A bookseller.
Origin of stationerMiddle English staciouner a bookseller from Medieval Latin statiōnārius shopkeeper (as against a peddler) probably from Latin statiō statiōn- place of business ; see station .
- A person or business that sells stationery.
From Mediaeval Latin stationarius, used of a bookseller who had a fixed station, especially at universities.