- Obs. a bookseller or publisher
- a person who sells office supplies, greeting cards, some books, etc.
Origin of stationerMiddle English stacionere ; from Medieval Latin stationarius, tradesman with a fixed station or shop (by contrast with a peddler) ; from L, stationary
- One that sells stationery.
- Archaic a. A publisher.b. A bookseller.
Origin of stationerMiddle English staciouner, a bookseller, from Medieval Latin stati&omacron;narius, shopkeeper (as against a peddler), probably from Latin stati&omacron;, stati&omacron;n-, place of business; see station.
- A person or business that sells stationery.
From Mediaeval Latin stationarius, used of a bookseller who had a fixed station, especially at universities.