- the divestiture by a corporation of some of its assets or operations, accomplished by distributing to its stockholders shares of a new company formed to assume control over the divested parts
- the divestiture of a subsidiary by distributing its shares in this way
- the new company or subsidiary so divested
- a secondary benefit, product, development, etc., as a television series built around a character, situation, etc. in another series
- a. A divestiture by a corporation of a division or subsidiary by issuing to stockholders shares in a new company set up to continue the operations of the division or subsidiary.b. The new company formed by such a divestiture.
- Something, such as a product, that is derived from something larger and more or less unrelated; a byproduct.
- Something derived from an earlier work, such as a television show starring a character who had a popular minor role in another show.
- Alternative spelling of spin-off.