- An incidental benefit or unexpected pay-off.
- Space research often provides a spin-off for everyday technology.
- A fictional work where the protagonist was introduced in a preceding work or at least shares the same equivalent setting, often in a different aspect.
- "Frasier" was a spin-off from the sitcom "Cheers".
- The formation of a subsidiary company that continues the operations of part of the parent company; the company so formed.
(third-person singular simple present spins off, present participle spinning off, simple past and past participle spun off)
- To create as a by-product or a secondary derived work.
- a line of merchandise spun off from a TV series