spinal definition by Webster's New World
- of or having to do with the spine or spinal cord
- of a spine or needle-shaped process
Origin: Late Latin spinalis
a spinal anesthetic
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- spinally adverb
spinal definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of, relating to, or situated near the spine or spinal cord; vertebral: spinal injury.
- Resembling a spine or spinous part.
An anesthetic injected into the spinal cord to induce partial or complete anesthesia.
- spiˈnal·ly adverb
spinal - Medical Definition
- Relating to or situated near the spinal column or spinal cord.
- Relating to any spine or spinous process.