An example of sox is a pair of knit coverings for the foot.
- (chiefly US, informal) plural form of sock (footwear)
- (US, baseball) Short for the team the Boston Red Sox.
- (US, baseball) Short for the team the Chicago White Sox (under some circumstances also known as the Black Sox).
sox - Computer Definition
(1) See Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
(2) (Schema for Object-oriented XML) An XML schema developed by Veo Systems and Muzino Communications, which was submitted to the W3C. SOX is based on DTD, but adds data typing and reuse mechanisms. In May 2001, a standard XML schema (W3C XML Schema) was introduced by the W3C. See XML schema. See also SOCKS server.
sox - Investment & Finance Definition
- An affinity for baseball and a fastball that was clocked at 93 miles per hour got Moore drafted by both the Boston Red Sox and the Baltimore Orioles, but his mother convinced him to go to college before embarking on a sports career.
- Robert Carlo Mariano, nicknamed Boston Rob because of his thick regional accent and his Boston Red Sox ball cap, has made numerous reality TV appearances and parlayed his 15 minutes of fame into a full-blown career.
- Barroso also has one daughter from a previous marriage, named Alexia.Damon is a big fan of the Major League Baseball team the Boston Red Sox, and narrated the team's World Series Championship DVD in 2007.
- You too might want to have surgery to remove the Yankee uniform and have it replaced with a Red Sox jersey-if surgery was the only way to make the change.
- You identify with the Red Sox, you may even love the Red Sox, but the world thinks you're a Yankee because of your appearance.